by Spokane Youth Hockey, 2016-08-26T19:50:33-07:00August 26 2016, at 07:50 PM PDT
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Spokane Youth Hockey is pleased to welcome Kyle Knudsen as our Association’s new Director of Goaltending Development.
Kyle has many years of professional goaltending and coaching experience. Growing up in Spokane, and playing his youth hockey years at SAYHA, Kyle knows and understands the changing dynamic of youth hockey today – especially in relation to goaltending instruction. A graduate of the University of Minnesota – Crookston Golden Eagles, Kyle knows what it takes to play and coach at a highly competitive level. Most recently, Kyle has held goalie and assistant coaching positions with Compete Hockey and Coeur d’Alene Hockey Academy.
“Kyle is a great addition to our Spokane Jr. Chiefs staff. Our new Goalie Development Clinic is a much needed piece to the continued development of our young goaltenders," said Neil Runbeck, Director of Hockey Operations. “We’re excited to have his professional expertise every week. Kyle will bring structure, leadership, and high-level instruction to our SAYHA goaltenders.”
Welcome Kyle – we’re looking forward to a great season of Spokane Jr. Chiefs hockey!
• Played hockey through the Spokane American Youth Hockey Association from the age of Mite all through Midget (1990-2001)
• Played junior hockey for the Liberty Lake Lumberjacks in the Northern Pacific Hockey League 2001-02
• Played for the Sacremento Capitol Thunder in the Western States Hockey League (2002-03)
• Attended and played Junior College for Minot State University-Bottineau Lumberjacks NJCAA (2002-05)
• Transferred to play Div. 3 for University of Minnesota-Crookston Golden Eagles (2005-2007)
• Coached 2 years for Crookston Minor Bantam A (2007-09)
• Goalie Coach for Red Lake Falls High School Varsity (2009-10)
• Goalie/Assistant Coach for Spokane Jr Chiefs Bantam U14 AAA (2010-11)
• Goalie/Assistant Coach for Spokane Jr Chiefs Midget U16 AAA (2011-12)
• Goalie/Assistant Coach for Compete Hockey Academy 2012-15
• Goalie/Assistant Coach for Coeur d’Alene Hockey Academy 2015
Mead High School-Spokane WA 1997-2001
2003–2005 Dakota College at Bottineau (Formerly Minot State University-Bottineau Campus)
Associate Arts Degree
2005-2010 University of Minnesota-Crookston Campus
Major: Bachelors Early Childhood Education